Product Name: 5-Sulfosalicylic acid dihydrate
Synonym: 2-Hydroxy-5-sulfobenzoic acid dihydrate; 3-Carboxy-4-hydroxybenzenesulfonic acid dihydrate; Sulfosalicylic acid, dihydrate;
|Melting point||120 ℃|
Packing: 25KG/Drum; 25KG/Bag
5-Sulfosalicylic acid dihydroate is a white crystalline or crystalline powder, white crystalline or crystalline powder, which turns pink when it meets with trace iron, and decomposes into phenol and salicylic acid at high temperature. It is soluble in ether and soluble in water and ethanol.
- It is used as biochemical reagent, analytical reagent and complexing indicator for colorimetric analysis and determination of high iron ion. Determination of iron ore, coal coke and limestone as raw materials of iron and steel. Intermediate for manufacturing surfactant. Organic catalyst. Grease additive.
- It is used for cerebrospinal fluid test, urine protein and iron ion test. Reagents for the determination of aluminum, beryllium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, lead, magnesium, sodium, titanium, thallium, nitrate, etc.
- It can be used as a chromogenic agent for the determination of Fe3+by spectrophotometry, a coordination masking agent for Al3+plasma and a coordination titration indicator for Fe3+.
- It is also used as organic synthesis intermediate and lubricating grease additive.
- Sulfosalicylic acid is used in cyanide free silver plating solution.
Store away from light, in a cool and dry place, sealed