Product Name: Sodium Propionate
Synonym: Propanoic acid sodium salt; sodiumpropanoate; Spac;
|Appearance||White crystalline particles or crystalline powder.|
|Heavy metals, %||≤0.001|
Packing: 25KG/Carton; 10KG/Carton; 500G/Bag; 25KG/Bag
Sodium Propionate is a white crystal particle or crystal powder with odorless or slightly propionic acid odor. Easily deliquescent, extremely soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, slightly soluble in acetone.
- The bacteriostatic effect of sodium propionate liquid wet acid type preservative is affected by environmental PH. The minimum inhibitory concentration is 0.01% at pH 5.0 and 0.5% at pH 6.5. In acidic medium, it has strong inhibition on various kinds of molds, aerobic bacillus or gram-negative bacilli. It has a special effect on preventing the production of aflatoxin, but has little effect on yeast. In addition, it is also used as a food preservative.
- It is used as a masking agent in leather making to improve the alkali resistance and tanning uniformity of leather.
- Sodium acid is also an acid food preservative, and its bacteriostasis is affected by the environmental pH value. The minimum inhibitory concentration is 0.01% at pH 5.0 and 0.5% at pH 6.5. It has strong inhibitory effect on various kinds of molds, gram-negative bacilli or aerobic bacillus in acidic medium. It has a special effect on preventing the production of aflatoxin, but has little effect on yeast. In the food industry, it can be used for the preservation of pastries, with a dosage of 2.5g/kg (calculated by propionic acid, the same below); The maximum dosage of red bayberry soaked in 3%~5% aqueous solution is 50g/kg. It can also be used as a fungicide for feed.
- Food, feed, antiseptic and mildew inhibitor. The general addition amount is 0.1-0.3%.
- Cosmetic preservatives. It has extensive antibacterial effect on mold, yeast and bacteria. The antibacterial effect is particularly obvious in acidic hydrolysate. The amount added to cosmetics is usually not more than 2%. Insecticide and mildew inhibitor. Determination of transaminase. It is used as a masking agent in leather making to improve the alkali resistance and tanning uniformity of leather.
This product should be stored in a dry and ventilated warehouse to prevent moisture and heat. It should be stored separately from harmful and toxic substances. It should be handled with care during transportation and loading and unloading to prevent package damage.