Product Name: Chrome Oxide
Synonym: Chromium(III) oxide; Chrome Green; Anhydridechromique(French); Chrome Oxide Green
|Appearance||Green powder, no odor.|
|Melting point (℃)||2266|
|Boiling point (℃)||4000|
Packing: 25KG/Drum; 25KG/Bag
Chromium(III) oxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula of Cr2O3. It is a green crystalline powder, insoluble in water, acid and alkali solutions, and soluble in hot alkali metal bromate solution. It is mainly used for the coloring of ceramics and enamel, and also can be used as analytical reagent and catalyst.
- Lead chrome green is the main coloring pigment in the paint industry, and most of the green paints are prepared with this pigment. In addition, it is also used for paint and plastic 1. Its application range is very similar to that of lead chrome yellow. Because the composition contains chrome yellow, pay attention to the toxicity of lead in its application. Lead chrome green contains iron blue and oxidant lead chromate, so when dust meets Mars, it may ignite spontaneously, so it should not be careless when drying and crushing. The burnt lead chrome green completely loses the characteristics of green pigment and turns into a dark brown yellow substance. In addition, in the production of nitrocellulose paint, the rolling process does not directly use lead chrome green to roll, but uses lead chrome green to grind and then mix in the process to prevent burning during the rolling process.
- It is used in metallurgy, ceramics, refractory materials, pigment industry raw materials and organic synthesis catalysts.
- Used as analytical reagent and catalyst.
- It is used as a filling agent for coloring, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance of adhesives and sealants. It can also be used as a colorant for enamel, ceramics, artificial leather and building materials; Organic chemical synthesis catalyst; Light-resistant coating and special ink for printing paper money.
- Colorants used as cosmetics are mainly used for eye cosmetics, but not for oral and lip cosmetics. They are not recommended for facial cosmetics and nail polish.
- Chromium trioxide is one of the main components of silver plating brightening solution. The newly prepared chromium trioxide is an important raw material for preparing chromium fluoride and chromium bromide.
Store in a cool and ventilated place.