Product Name: Sodium alginate
CAS No.: 9005-38-3
|Appearance||White or light yellow powder|
|Density||1.0 g/cm3(Temp: 25 °C)|
|Water insoluble matter，%||≤0.6|
- 25 kg bag, plastic inside and woven outside.
- The package can be adjusted as required.
- The buyer’s trademark can be affixed.
Sodium alginate is a colorless or yellowish fine filament particle or powder solid, almost odorless and tasteless. It is a by-product of extracting iodine and mannitol from kelp or Sargassum of brown algae. Sodium alginate is a high viscosity polymer compound and a typical hydrophilic sol. It is widely used in food, medicine, printing and dyeing industries due to its stability, thickening and emulsifying properties, hydration and gelling properties.
- Food industry: ice cream, beverages, imitation food, meat products, jam and other health food are used as gelling agent, thickener, suspending agent and slow release agent.
- Medical industry: adhesives, bioadhesives, slow and controlled release tablets, medical dressings, dental membrane materials, curing agents, etc.
- Daily chemical industry: facial mask, thickening and stabilizing agent for cosmetics, etc.
- Feed industry: feed binder, pet food binder, etc.
- In the printing and dyeing industry, sodium alginate is an excellent sizing agent for modern printing and dyeing industry, which has been widely used in the printing of cotton, wool, silk, nylon and other fabrics, especially for the preparation of discharge printing sizing.
Keep ventilated and dry, avoid the sun, and store at normal temperature.