Chemical Name: Ferric chloride
Synonyms:Iron(III) chloride anhydrous; Iron(III) chloride
Product Typical Properties
|Appearance||Brown green crystal|
|Iron chloride content, w/%||98.22|
|Ferrous chloride content, w/%||0.62|
|Insoluble matter content, w/%||0.11|
Ferric chloride CAS 7705-08-0 is mainly used as a water purifier for drinking water and a sedimentation agent for wastewater treatment and purification. The printing and dyeing industry is used as an oxidant and mordant for indigo dyeing. Catalysts for organic synthesis of dichloroethane and other products. Chlorinated leaching agents for silver and copper ores. Etching agents for photography and printing plate making. Raw materials for manufacturing iron salts such as iron phosphate, pharmaceuticals, pigments, and inks. Infiltration of its solution into building concrete can increase building strength, corrosion resistance, and prevent water seepage. Used for the production of electronic industry circuit boards and fluorescent digital tubes. A coagulant used in the recovery of glycerol from the waste liquid of soap production.
- Used for metal etching (etching of materials such as copper, stainless steel, aluminum, etc., such as eyeglass frames, watches, electronic components, signs and nameplates, etc.).
- The construction industry is used to prepare concrete to enhance its strength, corrosion resistance, and waterproofing.
- It can be mixed with ferrous chloride, calcium chloride, aluminum chloride, aluminum sulfate, hydrochloric acid, etc. to form a waterproof agent for clay.
- Inorganic industry is used as a raw material for manufacturing other iron salts and inks.
- Organic industries are used as catalysts, oxidants, and chlorinators.
- The dye industry is used as an oxidant in the dyeing of indocyanin dyes.
- The printing and dyeing industry is used as an oxidant and mordant for indigo dyeing.
- The metallurgical industry is used as a chlorination leaching agent for extracting gold and silver.
- The glass industry is used as a hot colorant for glassware.
- The soap industry is used as a coagulant for the recovery of glycerol from soap waste.
- Electronic industrial circuit board.
- Chlorinated leaching agents for silver and copper ores.
- Used as an analytical reagent and thin layer chromatography reagent.
- Used for the production of electronic industry circuit boards and fluorescent digital tubes.
- Iron trichloride is an important water treatment agent. It is easily soluble in water and has strong water absorption, making it an organic synthesis catalyst. It is an efficient and inexpensive flocculant for the treatment of urban and industrial wastewater, with significant effects such as precipitation of heavy metals and sulfides, decolorization, deodorization, oil removal, sterilization, phosphorus removal, and reduction of effluent COD and BOD.
16.erric chloride is a commonly used reagent in drug analysis
Please store in a dry, cool and dark place