Product Name: Boron Powder
|Boron (B) non crystal||96.12%|
|Water soluble boron||0.45%|
|Hydrogen peroxide insoluble||0.20%|
|Water and volatile matter||0.34%|
|Average particle size||1 um|
Packing: 25kg/Bag; 25kg/Drum; 1kg/Bag
Boron powder, also known as monomeric boron or elemental boron, is gray-black or brown amorphous powder. Its chemical properties are lively, tasteless and odorless.
It is stable in the air and at room temperature. It is oxidized when heated to 300°C, and burns when it reaches 700°C. The flame is red when burning, and the flame of trace gasified boron is green.
Elemental boron is insoluble in water, hydrochloric acid, ethanol, ether, sulfuric acid, nitric acid and molten metal, but soluble in cold concentrated alkali solution and decomposes into hydrogen gas, and is oxidized into boric acid by concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulfuric acid.
At high temperature, boron can interact with oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, halogen and carbon. Boron can also be directly combined with many metals to form metal compounds, and can also react with organic compounds to form compounds and substances in which boron is directly linked to carbon. Or a compound with oxygen between boron and carbon.
Monolithic boron is in a special position in the periodic table that divides elements into metals and non-metals. It is an element with dominant non-metallicity, strong electronegative property, small atomic radius, concentrated nuclear charge, and non-metallic properties similar to silicon.
Its density is 2.35g/cm3. Hardness 9.3, specific gravity 2.33-2.45, melting point: 2300°C, boiling point: 2550°C.
- Neutron absorbers and neutron counters for nuclear reactors.
- High-energy fuel for solid rocket propulsion and fireworks industry.
- Boron is the raw material for the manufacture of borane and various borides, and borane can be used as high-energy fuel for rockets and missiles.
- It can be used as a protective material in the atomic energy industry, and can be made into boron steel for atomic energy reactors.
- Catalyst for medicine, ceramic industry and organic synthesis.
- The ignition pole of the ignition tube in the electronics industry.
- Airbag initiator for automobiles.
- Smelting of special alloy steel, gas scavenger in molten copper.
- Raw materials for the production of boron fibers, important raw materials for the manufacture of high-purity boron halides, and synthesis of various high-purity boron-containing compounds.
- In terms of semiconductors and electricity: after carbonization treatment at about 2300 ° C, it is used as the cathode material of the ignition core in the ignition tube.
- It can also be used as a raw material for preparing high-quality cathode material.
- It can be used as catalyst, initiator, smelting, scavenger, raw material, high-energy solid fuel, high-tech ceramics, space technology, etc.
Stored in a cool dry and ventilated place.