Product Name: Sodium Oleate
Synonym: Oleic Acid Sodium Salt; 9-Octadecenoic Acid Sodium Salt; Oleic Acid Sodium;
|Appearance||White to yellowish powder or light brown-yellow|
|Loss on Drying, %||≤5.0|
|Free Alkali, %||≤0.5|
|Acid Value of Fatty Acid||195-204|
|Iodine Value, GL/100g||80-100|
|Solubility in Water (10%)||Conforms|
|Solubility in Alcohol (5%)||Conforms|
Sodium oleate, also known as oleic acid soap, is a white to slightly yellow powder or light brown yellow coarse powder with a special taste and odor. It can be dissolved in water and is alkaline, soluble in ethanol and neutral, insoluble in benzene. It is mainly used for mineral processing, fabric waterproofing, soap making, and as an anionic surfactant and fabric waterproofing agent.
- The main ingredient of soap made from olive oil, etc., and also the main ingredient of tallow soap.
- Used as food coating agent, such as fruit and vegetable surface coating, can be used together with ethylene oxide and high boron fatty alcohol.
- Mineral dressing, fabric waterproof.
- It can be used as a corrosion inhibitor for aluminum and its alloys, iron, copper and other metals in neutral or acidic solutions.
- Used as anionic surfactant and fabric waterproofing agent.
Ventilate and dry places to avoid moisture and sunlight.