Product Name: Hydroxypropyl cellulose
Synonym: L-HPC; H-HPC; syntheticvegetablegums;HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE;2-Hydroxypropyl cellulose
|White or off-white granular power|
Packing: 25KG/Drum; 25KG/Bag
Hydroxypropyl cellulose is a semi synthetic organic compound. It is a white or almost white powder, which is insoluble in benzene and ether at room temperature, and soluble in polar organic solvents such as water, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, etc.
Low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) is mainly used as tablet disintegrating agent and adhesive. The characteristics of using low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) as adhesive and disintegrating agent are that it is easy to press and form, with strong applicability, especially for tablets that are not easy to form, with large plasticity and brittleness. Adding low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) can improve the hardness and appearance brightness of tablets, and can also make tablets disintegrate rapidly, Even if the hardness of the tablet reaches 13kg, it will not be broken, and it will only take ten minutes to disintegrate, so as to improve the internal quality of the tablet and improve the curative effect; The tablet prepared with low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) has no influence on its disintegration after long-term storage.
As the adhesive for tablets, 5~20% is generally added in wet granulation, 5~20% in direct powder compression, and 2~10% in tablet disintegration, generally 5%, both internal and external, depending on the specific prescription.
Low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) can also be used as food additive, as emulsifier, stabilizer, suspending agent, thickener, film forming agent in the food industry, and in the manufacture of beverages, cakes, jams, etc.
Low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose (L-HPC) is also used in the daily chemical industry, as a cream, shampoo, lotion and other cosmetics.
- Use as adhesive: In the pharmaceutical field, this product is mainly used as adhesive, such as for tablets, granules, and fine particles.
- Film coating material for tablets. HPC has excellent film-forming property. The obtained film is tough and elastic, which can be compared with plasticizer. The performance of the film can be further improved by mixing with other anti moisture coating agents.
- Used as thickener of elixir, additive of lotion and stabilizer of emulsion.
- It can be used as skeleton material to prepare skeleton sustained-release tablets, sustained-release pellets and double-layer sustained-release tablets.
- It can be used as gel agent in ethanol occasions and as ointment base material.
Sealed, no exposure to the sun, rain, moisture, acid and alkali.