Product Name: Glycolic acid
Synonym: Hydroxyacetic acid; Glycolic acid; AHA- Glycolic acid
|Burning Residue, %||0.3||0.05||0.05|
|Water Insoluble Matter, %||0.01||0.01||0.005|
|Heavy Metal, ppm||10||10||5|
Packing: 25KG/Drum; 250KG/Drum
Glycolic acid is an organic compound, chemical formula is C2H4O3, colorless and easily deliquescent crystal. Soluble in water, soluble in methanol, ethanol, ethyl acetate and other organic solvents, slightly soluble in ether, insoluble in hydrocarbons. It has the duality of alcohol and acid, and decomposes when heated to boiling point. For organic synthesis, etc.
- Raw materials for organic synthesis can be used to produce ethylene glycol. Hydroxyacetic acid is mainly used as cleaning agent. It can be used to prepare fiber dyeing agent, detergent, welding agent ingredients, varnish ingredients, copper etchant, adhesive, petroleum demulsifier, metal chelating agent, etc; Sodium salt and potassium salt of glycolic acid are used as additives for electroplating solution. Other uses include electrolytic grinding, metal pickling, leather dyeing and tanning agent, etc. It can also be used as chemical analysis reagent.
- As a cleaning agent, it can fully react with rust scale, calcium salt, magnesium salt, etc. in the equipment to achieve the purpose of scale removal. It is easy to remove calcium carbonate scale and iron scale, with good treatment effect. The corrosivity to the material is very low, and the precipitation of organic acid iron will not occur during cleaning. Chemical cleaning with glycolic acid is less dangerous and easy to operate.
- It is used in organic synthesis and printing and dyeing industry.
- It is used for sterilizing soap.
- Hydroxyacetic acid is used as a complexing agent for electroless nickel plating to improve the coating quality, and can also be used as an additive for other electroplating or electroless plating.
Store in a cool and ventilated warehouse. Keep away from kindling and heat source. It shall be stored separately from oxidants, reducing agents and alkalis, and shall not be mixed. Fire fighting equipment of corresponding types and quantities shall be provided. The storage area shall be equipped with appropriate materials to contain the leakage.