Chemical Name: 2-Phenoxyethanol
Synonyms: Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether
Product Typical Properties
|Melting point||11-13 °C (lit.)|
2-Phenoxyethanol is a typical high boiling point organic solvent, a slightly aromatic colorless transparent liquid with good miscibility, low volatility, and strong permeability. Compared with isophorone (commonly known as 783), DBE, and benzyl alcohol, it has outstanding comprehensive performance and can be used as a full performance alternative.
- It can be used as a solvent for acrylic resin, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, ethyl cellulose, epoxy resin, phenoxy resin, etc.
- Commonly used as a solvent and modifier for paints, inks, ballpoint pen oils, a penetrating agent for printing ink, an anti blocking agent for screen printing ink, a penetrating agent and bactericide in detergents, and a film forming agent for water-based coatings.
- As a dye solvent, it can increase the solubility of PVC plasticizers.
- Utilizing its strong solubility, it is an ideal solvent for cleaning printed circuit boards and surface treatments of plastics, as well as perfume protectors and diluents for cosmetics. It is an ideal solvent for hydroxybenzoates.
- Better solvent and penetrant for hair dye and nail polish.
- It is an ideal antiseptic in medicine and can also be used as an anesthetic.
- Used as an extractant in the petroleum industry.
Please store in a dry, cool and dark place